Why you should store files on your desktop Here's why

Why you should store files on your desktop Here's why

Why you should store files on your desktop Here's why people are excited about how your desktop will look on your PC or Mac: Show someone a desktop full of files, and you'll likely hear an annoying beep. So don't feel bad about storing files on your desktop. Everyone should do it.


The way we use computers has changed dramatically over the years. There was a time when it made sense to use the desktop as a kind of "launcher" to do things, but nowadays it's not necessary to put icons on the desktop, and we have better ways to launch applications and search for files.

Think about it: how often do you actually use your desktop? There is a good chance that applications will be launched from the start menu, launchpad, taskbar, or dock most of the time; applications that are not pinned for quick access can easily be found by searching in the start menu or launchpad, and the same can be said for files, where many look in the start menu, launchpad, or dock. people going to a messy desktop and saying, "How do you find anything there!?" Well, you don't have to. We have much better ways to find and play things on PCs now.

It's just a folder.

Here's the truth: the desktop is just a folder. Open File Explorer on your Windows PC or Finder on your Mac and you'll see it every day. People act like the desktop is hallowed ground, but it's really just another area to store stuff.

And personally, I've always used my desktop as a place to store things I know I won't need forever, like pictures downloaded from the Internet that I want to share with a friend or on social media, files I need for a specific one-time task, or current projects I don't want to hide. It's in folders within folders, and I use the desktop as an easy-to-access folder, and I think that's the beauty of it—the fact that it's "the desktop" makes it very easy to find anything stored on it; you can quickly view your desktop from anywhere, and it's easy to find in File Explorer or Finder.


Use it like a real desktop.
The funny thing is, I use my desktop like the top of an actual desk, and when I look around my computer desk, I see a variety of things that represent what I'm working on at the moment, and that's exactly what my computer desktop looks like.

I have a file cabinet to store important documents that I need to keep, and I have special places for pictures too. On my computer, I have a Documents folder and a Pictures folder. Not everything in my real or digital life needs to be stored indefinitely in these locations.

I find that I can keep my whole computer and physical workspace better if I have a place to put temporary stuff, and it's much easier to clean up the desk or delete all files from the desktop than to go through things in long-term storage and see if the messy desktop It causes you anxiety. I won't tell you to store files on it, but if you've been avoiding using the desktop just because it's a desktop, you should think about it again; you might love it.

Conclusion: Use the desktop on your computer to store unimportant files that you do not need and that can be deleted at any time easily. As for your important and necessary files, store them in a safe and secret place.


Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

Government Vacancies at Dubai Municipality, United Arab Emirates 2022

How to unsubscribe from Netflix in 2023?

Comparison of Shopify and WordPress, which is better for online stores?